Tuesday, March 30, 2010

MBA - Net Tangible Value Add

So, there I go today.... finally a tangible value add of MBA.. yes, an employment offer..

On different parameters, I would put my subjective comments as follows

Company: Unheard of. But partners are ex-Gartmore and ex-Goldman and Macquarie.
Role: Senior Analyst
Profile: Brilliant
Responsibilities: Small and Huge. Includes evaluation of deals and serving nespressos (4th employee after 2 partners and 1 admin exec)
Exposure: Direct facing with investees and co-investors and other parties
Bosses: A Scot and an Ozzie. If they were to run for best boss competition, they would win hands down. Probably, one of the handful guys in WORLD, to have blessed with such bosses.
Work - Life Balance: Extremely great. Such that, after other roles I have done in past, I feel little under worked.
Pay: An yet, Industry Standards. No compromise on that.

After all, MBA for me was successful if you were to go by strictest sense of achievement... (though, I dont support that theory which is evident from my other posts)

And is it the end of the Journey, I started on Feb 27, 2008? I don't think so... More posts to follow about other experiences (one with the actual job hunt process)...

and my friend, this is just the start of another journey... ek kahaani khatam toh duji... shuru ho gayi mamu...

6 comments:

Alex said...

its time to open the bottle....too bad wont be around to sip to your success..cheers mate....

Kirti said...

Tons and tons of congratulations for this buddy!
May you keep adding value while maintaining the awesome work-life balance :-)

Ahen said...

Congratulation!!!!
You bring us home :)

Frangipani said...

Congratulations dude! Waiting to follow the nayee kahani here now...and of course, a party is due:)

Unknown said...

Congrats ! Awesome news :-)

Shekhar said...

hmm... Blog updated. Facebook updated. Time to open the bottle. Isn't it?