Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rainy Mornings

I miss.. snuggling comfortably in bed under blanket and thinking bhaad mein gaya kaam...

I miss.. the lazy morning chores while watching the trains pass by filled with bursting crowds outside my window..

I miss.. the fresh wet smell of soil..

I miss.. the perfectly hot cuppa of Milo (only Mom knows the secret of perfectly hot)

I miss.. the haggling of rickshaws with the black umbrella in my hand

I miss.. the sigh and smile when autowallah says yes to 'Saki Naka'

I miss.. the splashing water on roads

I miss.. the traffic jams which makes my trip more leisurely (who wants to reach office early anyways)

I miss.. the colorful raincoats of school children and designer umbrellas of aunties.

I miss.. Jaggu and Tarana on Go 92.5 FM

I miss.. shuffling of FM channels on my phone

I miss.. the occasional sprinkle of cold rain on my face when gush of wind opens up the side covers in auto

I miss.. the cool wet breeze

I miss.. the hot cutting chaai before the work

I miss.. the pitter patter sound of rains and whooshing sound of wind while at work..

I miss.. the Bollywood rain special in afternoons on Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM

I miss.. Mumbai Rainy Mornings!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dont forget the open drains which await ur fall;-)

mumbai rains and people miss u too:)

k said...

i'm abt to cry. this makes me crazy nostalgic and makes the summer even more unbearable!!!!!

i'm calling you tomo morning to pick a fight!

Unknown said...

This one's quite nostalgic...love it!!!