Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yo:HA - Bringing down the EQ (Excitedness Quotient)

Seniors - will you please give a good reason why would you say this place is "good"?

A) The place is really really far away from city and from the university as well - so thats no locational advantage. We knew it was far but not this far! It took me a lil more than hour to reach hostel from Farret Park (Little India). To compare with Mumbai terms, this is something like a Dahisar or Bhayender. Last Station in East West MRT.

B) The rooms are not even clean and there is life missing in these walls. To put it simple words, "room mein koi jaan nahi hai". Lighting and color is actually very depressing. Maintainence is big issue but atleast my room was not stinking. Some of my friends got rooms where it was really stinking.

C) Allocation is really funny. Its okay if you have to share room with unknown person but the bad part is that guy would not be with you in your course. So on what basis should we bond together under the same roof. Add to my woes of being pure vegetarian - I hope that I dont have to stay with a person who cooks non veg in the same kitchen as I have to.

As of now, all my batchmates think that yo:ha was a mistake and we could share much better rooms with guys we were familiar and near to campus in almost the same rent.

But I guess later on, we shall be only using place to sleep and complete the projects. I am expecting to spend not more than 10 hours a day.... So then it wont matter if you stay in a condo or in dorm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaimin,

I'm a student from NUS and I'm writing about the problems people have with yo:HA. Would it be alright if we could correspond via email? My email address is nicole.seah@nus.edu.sg Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jaimin. This is just what I need my mother to know.